Do you love the outdoors, farm life, fresh air, moving at a fast pace, and working amongst the flowers? Then our Position of Seasonal RTF Field Crew Team Member is for you! With this role, you’ll get to completely immerse yourself in almost all areas of the RTF Farm. Crew members will gain an understanding of all aspects of running a sustainable flower farm while planting, cultivating, irrigating, mowing, managing unheated greenhouses, and of course – harvesting flowers! Spend your days outside in a high energy environment where we work (rain or shine) to bring these lovely plants and peonies to the masses. Are you feeling this job? If so, learn all the details of this exciting position below!
Seasonal RTF Field Crew Team Member (Job Description) Position to start in this April. This position is seasonal full time or can be combined with Delivery Driver during Subscription Season. Students in ag-based programs are also encouraged to apply.
Field Crew Team Members will be involved in, but not limited to, the following on the farm:
- Planting, cultivating, irrigation, pest and disease control, mowing, tunnel management, washing buckets, and harvesting flowers.
- Harvest will happen every morning throughout the busy season. After harvest, other field/farm tasks will be accomplished.
- This position may include post-harvest handling/processing of flowers in the studio.
Field crew members are the first to go back to the fields once processing is completed.
- 1 season of farming or comparable not required
- Prior experience in farming and floral design a plus but not required
- Ability to work in Indoor/Outdoor Environment
- Rain or Shine/Warm or Cold Temperatures
- Ability to monitor quality control and work efficiently in fast-paced environment
- Valid driver’s license needed
-Looking for 3-4 days a week, possibly weekends during harvest
**NOTE: Hours are flexible and can be less or more
Daily Lunch: 11:00-11:30 pm
Employee is responsible for housing, reliable transportation to farm, and appropriate farm clothes/raingear.